INF 385T - Digital Curation - Grading
Grading is Based on Three Criteria, For a Total of 150 Points
- Blogging 10 out of 14 weeks (5
points each, 10 blog entries = 50 points total)
- Weekly blogging :: See Resources for
links to pages that will likely have pointers to relevant articles
- Grading = 5 points:
- 1 point - submitted and publicly available on the blog by
5PM on day before class
- 2 points - provide an synopsis for the article you read
- 2 points - clear description of how the articles relate to any
in-class readings or discussion
- Class Discussion (5 points per discussion class, 10 discussion
classes = 50 points total)
Participation is a very important part of this class. The class will
only be as interesting as you, the students, make it. For each of these discussion
classes, please submit at least three questions
or issues related
to the readings to the course listserv (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5PM the day before class. The subject of the email should be: "Discussion #XX Questions - YourFirstName YourLastName (where Discussion#XX is the number of the discussion and YourFirstName YourLastName are your first and last name). Please also put the text of the questions in the body of the email. Questions in attachments will not be read.
- These discussion
classes are opportunities to discuss the readings in a relaxed atmosphere
about issues central to our field. It is important to participate in these discussions.
- Grading will be
based on the quality and thoughtfulness of the questions (3 points), and
the student's level of participation in the conversation (2 points).
- Every class, with the exceptions of the first and last class, are discussion classes.
- Final Group Case Study (40 points for report) + (10 points
for presentation) = 50 Points
A. General Details of the Case Study Assignment. (Specifics Here)
- Investigate and Analyze the Project’s History and Growth.
- Conduct a Literature Review to see what others have
said about the project or the collection.
- Describe the Project's Content and Collection Development
Policies, and how those policies relate to good practice.
- Describe the Context of Use for this collection's
- Describe Access and Tool Development.
- Identify the Project's Strengths and Weaknesses.
B. We will have group presentations on the final day of class. Each group
will have 20 minutes for the presentation, with 5 - 10 minutes discussion
A = 143 points and above
A- = 135 - 142 points
B+ = 131 - 135 points
B = 125 - 130 points
B- = 120 - 124 points
C+ = 116 - 119 points
C = 110 - 115 points
C- = 105 - 109 points
D = less than 105 points
Last Modified: August 24 2010 16:04:54.